It is Clean The Bay's mission to improve the safety
and and attractiveness of Narragansett Bay and the Rhode
Island shoreline by:
- Removing debris and camels from the shoreline and the navigable
waterways of Narragansett Bay (click here to learn more about camels)
- Establish a response program to remove dangerous
- Respond to any debris calls from the US Coast Guard
or local Harbormasters
- Ensure the approval of the appropriate state, city,
or town government for all shoreline projects
- Purchase or lease the appropriate
equipment to perform these tasks. Watercraft and
equipment will be operated by qualified, licensed
personnel, and volunteers will be trained for any
and all positions before being allowed to perform
- Finance our programs with grants, donations, and
fundraisers organized by our volunteers
- Appoint a Board of Directors to run Clean The Bay
- Incorporate Clean the Bay as a not-for-profit organization
The plan is simple: to bring people together who have
the same concerns and begin the clean up, one shoreline
at a time.
Our cleanup program not only includes shoreline debris,
but old pilings that have been left rotting in Narragansett
Bay. We have put together a plan to respond to calls
from the Coast Guard to remove dangerous floating debris
that is a hazard to navigation, and an emergency plan
to respond to debris left by a tropical storms or other
acts of nature. For a list of the cleanup locations
we've identified click here.
We are going to need your help!
Either by a financial contribution, or some hands on,
hard work. We can no longer expect anyone else to do
it. We have waited long enough. It's time to take action
and simply do it ourselves!
View the list
of cleanup locations, and learn
how you can help!